Monday, October 20, 2008

Cool Temps and Rain Forecast

These past few nights we have certainly seen the coolest days of the 2nd half of 2008. Here in Eastabuchie we dropped to 40° last night and Saturday night. Wow! Personally I am excited with the weather we have been experiencing lately. Although I do know some of us would really like to see more rainfall for all of the agricultural professionals out there.

By the way, while we are talking about rainfall, do you have a rain gauge? If so, let me know what you are using for your rain gauge and hopefully we can start communicating with you during rain events. I realize we have several areas in our viewing area that we don't have an accurate precipitation bucket. So feel free to send me a little email at tcade@wdam.com and hopefully we can start working together.

So our forecast is still beautiful for the next couple of days, but we must be looking ahead for the next rain event. Models have really nailed the last few rain forecast but the models are only slightly agreeing on this next rain event. I am definitely seeing a good shot at some rain on Thursday, but the tricky part about this forecast involves Friday's forecast. The WRF model really shows my thoughts on this forecast because I believe we won't see a lot of rain on Friday, but the GFS and European show the system (front) hanging around through most of Friday. Temps are also a big issue with this incoming system. European isn't as cold as the GFS, but I usually expect the GFS to be more aggressive on the advancement of cold air.


I know it might be hard to tell from this picture, but the GFS shows the rain starting Thursday morning.

One more note, this pattern in October is defines one reason why I love weather. I simply love the change of weather from warm and cloudy to cool and clear. My feelings on this probably begin because I enjoy not being able to habitually love and experience one weather scene. Right now I love the fall, but in the spring I will tell you I love the spring.

tcade@wdam.com

No comments: