Sunday, April 12, 2009

Severe Activity will occur tonight

[Sunday 3:15pm] A tornado watch has already been issued for everyone west of I-59 that will last until 9pm, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the watch extended into the majority of the pine belt later this evening. Here is a quick recap on some weather terms that you might see today. A tornado watch is issued when atmospheric variables are capable of producing a tornado. A tornado warning is issued when either a radar indicates rotation or a meteorologist has confirmed a tornado.
I'll be tracking this storm system as it travels through our region starting this evening through late tonight. Please feel free to email me at tcade@wdam.com and follow my twitter updates on twitter.com/wdamtannercade. I will also turn the webcam on this evening. The main threat with this system seems to be damaging wind and hail, but I'm hoping we will all be safe as these storms come through. Thanks for following us! -Tanner Cade

No comments: