Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Busy Tuesday Night

I'm the only one in the weather office tonight so it is tough for me to cover the blog as well. Twitter is my quickest outlet to get information out, but I will update this blog as much as I can throughout the night pending important information.

We've already had two tornado warnings in the viewing area for Simpson County, and the majority of the viewing area is under a Tornado Watch until 2AM. We are under a watch box because the atmosphere can easily rotate any thunderstorm cell.

My main concern will be damaging winds as these thunderstorms pass through because upper levels winds are very strong. These winds could easily be delivered down to the surface.

This sounds like a good night to have the weather radio nearby. Please be safe and email or twitter any comments you have. Thanks!

No comments: