Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain

Low temperature tonight is a little difficult to come by with a very cold air mass in place and high clouds streaming in. Normally I would trend a little warmer than model output statistics but I think the models are missing the moisture. It's extremely dry tonight so it's going to be difficult to keep the dry air from holding much energy. Expect the station to drop to near 29 and other areas to be around 30.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day! Starting of partly cloudy then becoming cloudy throughout the day. Precipitation shouldn't come until very late in the day on Friday. I'll leave precip out of my daycast, but the earliest precipitation could be in the form of very fine sleet. NWS is going with sleet/rain forecast late Friday, but I think the lower levels of the atmosphere will be narrowly too warm and melt anything to rain. I'll lean more with the European on the warmer 850 mb temps.

Rain looks to continue throughout the day on Saturday. Chilly rain at first then warming into the 50's by the afternoon.

No comments: