Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Weather

After an intriguing afternoon weather scene, I am now watching the area for scattered shows in the wake of a frontal movement. A cold front will be moving through Hattiesburg/Laurel at about midnight, but the term "cold" must be used loosely as temps will still be relatively warm. A stationary boundary will sit over South Mississippi for the majority of our Christmas Day, which makes for a cloudy forecast and a touch of scattered showers. The location of the showers is a tough forecast to make, but I can narrow down the area to South of I-20. Although I bet most showers will be bringing us light amounts of rain. Expect Christmas Day temps to top out in the upper 60's. Friday will definitely be a warm day in the upper 70's under partly cloudy conditions. Another cold front will be pushing through on Saturday. Early thoughts lead me to the "main event' impacting us on Saturday night. Now things are a little early to tell the exact intensity of the rain, but I must caution the chance of thunderstorms as instability indexes are above normal for saturday night. As for now, I hope you have a wonderful and Merry Christmas! God Bless! tcade@wdam.com

No comments: