Wednesday, August 27, 2008

8/27 Quick Update

Of course many people know we have been looking at National Hurricane Center Gustav Track that shows a possible MS Coast landfall.  

My day has been spent looking over models, material, discussions, and continuing conversations with other respected meteorologist.  At the end of the day, I am a meteorologist who will exhaust all options before coming down to a final decision.  I will not settle for a simple line projection.  

The Bermuda High is one factor that is continually overlooked in forecast.  Also, teleconnections analysis of East Asia/Western Pacific performance in the last few days foreshadows the impact of  High building in the East Coast/Western Atlantic.  My thoughts still sit on a TX/LA stateline landfall.  

It is important to always be prepared and have plans, but it is important to note the majority of the Gulf Coast is considered about Gustav.

I will have more updates later

No comments: